Sep 29, 2008

Exercise # 23

This has been a great opportunity to learn about the Digital world. Thanks to the training team for their support and encouragement throughout the process. At times it has been a scramble to keep up and I will re-visit many of the sites to spend more time and explore further. My overall impression was the ease of access to information and the ability to share with others, both at a personal and professional level. I had assumed that it would be quite difficult to learn how to navigate through this wilderness but I was surprised that with a bit of perserverance it became easier with each attempt.
See also: Digital Divide; Digital Art;
My current favourite is Library Thing, because it is on our website and I can use it to file away titles of books I want to read instead of overloading my requests list. There were many surprises, not least the huge deposit of brilliant photographs that are freely available. I think this is a journey that has just begun and it will be a lifelong process of learning and exploring.

1 comment:

NSL Training Support Team said...

Congratulations on reaching the end of the 23 Things programme! How wonderful that you regard this as the beginning of a journey of lifelong learning and exploration. Enjoyed reading your blog.